background

Friday, June 2, 2017

Happy Birthday with Summer School Challenge at Cut It Up Blog

If you are like me, you have a bucket list of techniques you want to try.  In fact I have a Pinterest Board just for that purpose.  So, when I saw this weeks Cut It Up Challenge:  Summer School:  Follow a Tutorial, I knew I had the perfect excuse to give one a try.  Here is my entry for the challenge using the Stamp TV Black Magic tutorial you can find here.  I can't get over Gina K.'s colors, but she has much better colored pencils than I do.  I had to try this technique because it reminds me of the folk painting I see at our favorite cottage in Palisades Park:  Balgownie (just south of South Haven, MI). The cottage is one of the oldest in the park and actually has the carriage house under the sleeping porch.  I sometimes wish that the folk painting will never painted over there.  


Along with my bucket list of techniques, I am in the midst of reorganizing and redecorating my craft room.  As I am working I have come across many items I had to have and haven't used.  I may have to use this challenge as a jumping off point and share my technique attempts...


One supply I have, are the flip card dies from Sizzix, and I needed a 5 x 7 card, so I pulled out my Anna Griffin Fantastic Flipcards cartridge.  If you're wondering what a flip card is, see the photo above, where the card has folds and cut outs that add dimension and interest.  I used an Anna Griffin die cut for the happy birthday sentiment.  

Supplies
Anna Griffin Fantastic Flipcards Cricut Cartridge
Anna Griffin Die Cut (Happy Birthday)
Cricut Machine
Black Card Stock
Silver Card Stock
Green Card Stock
White Pigment Ink
Colored Pencils
Mon Ami Gabi Green pearls
White Gel Pen
CTMH Tickled Pink Promotional Stamp Set (Daisy Flower)
Inkadinkado Wellspring Stamp Set (Flourish)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got a chance to try out not only a new technique for you (which turned out beautifully) but also had some fun making a flip card! Your project is lovely. I followed your link and can't wait to try the black magic technique myself.

    Thanks for sharing it with us for our Summer School challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails