background

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Paper Christmas Tree

Have you ever run across a tutorial on the internet with too little details?  I found a fabulous paper tree tutorial, but thought it lacked the detail my OCD crafting brain wanted.  So, I am sharing my paper tree with more detail.  I found the original tree on Indugy.com here.  But it had no information on the size of the circles or the finished size of the tree.  I also thought the wire base would be a bit too flimsy, so I used some Styrofoam cones.
Here is how I made my tree.  I cut my biggest circle at 7" and cut a circle in the center to slip over the cone (see photo above).  To get the lines in my circle like the tutorial, I just traced the markings from a clock face for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,  and 12.  I then drew a line from 1 to 7, 2 to 8, 3 to 9 ( to the line opposite it on the clock face), etc around the circle.  McGill roller ball stylus.
I clipped in leaving 1/2" outside the inside circle.  To get the boughs to roll well I used the
 I cut each circle 1/2" smaller up to the top of the circle (eleven rows cut, clipped folded and glued.  I then cut one final circle and clipped out a quarter of the circle, I over lapped the cone and clipped and folder the final boughs at the top.
My finished tree is about 7" high.  After I finished my tree, I added a bit of Art Glitter to get the look of snow.  Now I have a little something for our music teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails