background

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Try It Tuesday: Stuck Sketch Blog

I love a challenge to motivate me to scrap a memory and if you follow my blog or my Pinterest account, you know I love any scrapbook page with a circle!  In fact I have a whole board on Pinterest called Scrapbook Pages:  Circle in a Square.  So, I am all in for this Stuck?! Sketch challenge   And Fantabulous Cricut Challenge this week is for Back to School, so I will enter this challenge too.  I used my Cricut Explore to cut a circular maze I found on the Internet, as well as the birdy sign, the Cabin sign, the star and the Field Trip circle.  Cartridges used are:  Cabin, Songbird, Designers Calendar, Store Front, K-12, Close To My Heart Art Philosophy.  I used the Explore's print and cut for the Cabin, birdy and Field Trip signs and just cut the rest and glued the layers.
Above you can see the inspiration sketch.  I played with the circle portion, and left the title and embellishment placements similar.  I dropped the mat pattern paper because my circle was bigger and I wanted to highlight the maze.
The American Pickers would be proud of me, because I even used a button from a local estate sale to embellish this page.  So, a page about the oldest build in the county also have some local ephemera.

6 comments:

  1. This layout is super cool, I love th die cut element that you used to create a focal area for your photo. So glad you shared it with us at Stuck?! unfortunately this is last month's challenge sketch. So sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your inspiration! Great use of your Cricut cuts-thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great what a fun idea I love it.
    Thank you for joining the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com
    FCC DT MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sketch and the way that you followed it. What a fun idea! thanks for sharinging your talent at fantabulous cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic layout! I love how you used the sketch and all your awesome diecuts! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week, and hope to see you again!
    DT Karla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails