background

Saturday, April 13, 2013

While Waiting on the Garden

This months The Robin's Nest Sale:  Sorbet Paper Collection!
This months team up:  Gel-a-tins
Spring has been so slow to start this year and I have been anxious to see some flowers. So, I thought I might make some this Spring, while waiting for the garden. I started with beautiful paper from The Robin's Nest, some dies and Cricut Cuts and scrapped another page for my heritage album.
For my trellis, I used the Cricut Ornament Iron cartridge and Cricut Craft Room to make a single gate into a trellis. I just copied the piece until I had four gates, and rotated it 90 degrees for each piece after the first. I hid some of the pieces that were too small and made my image uneven and love the look! I added a flourish to the corner and welded all the pieces. I cut it in black card stock and used foam tape to pop it off the page just a bit.  Below is a photo of the single gate, single swirl and the final trellis on my page photo.  I have always wanted to try metal work, but I cannot afford another craft and love that I can design and cut on my Cricut!
For the rolled roses, I used The Robin's Nest Shocking Pink Glitter Sorbet, Red Glitter Sorbet and White Card stock (inked edges with pink ink) and and cut them using Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste cartridge. Since The Robin's Nest card stock has such great heavy quality, I use and ball tip roller on my flowers before rolling them.  This helps soften the paper for a great natural look.  To get these to dry quickly, I like to use a low temp glue gun.  Note that I used some mini dew drops for the centers of some of my roses (can you see it in the center of the red rose below?  I also scattered a few Flame dew drops near the vine.
The vine is cut with The Robin's Nest Kiwi Glitter Sorbet Card stock with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I wove the vine in and out of the trellis. Don't be afraid to clip this vine as needed to make it work! The clouds are Close To My Heart cartridge.  I love the cloud trend!
I wanted a subtle title, so I stamped it using gel-a-tins Teal You What embossing powder on white card stock.  It works so well with the Aqua Glitter Sorbet paper!  The title is stamped with gel-a-tins Laugh Out Loud Oversized Mix stamp set.  Here's a tip for those imperfect stamped images when using embossing powder. Stamp your image, and added embossing powder. Be sure to heat set your embossing powder FIRST. Then, fill in the missing areas with a Stampin' Up blending pen.  Can you see my white spot on the letter "e" below?
Sprinkle the embossing powder over the area just colored with the blending pen and heat set. Problem solved! The back ground paper is The Robin's Nest Aqua Marine Glitter Sorbet Card stock. I distressed the edges and added a few peak boo elements.  Be sure to check out the sale on the Glitter Sorbet paper!  The colors and sparkle are so fabulous!  No need for a coupon, paper is already discounted!

Supply List
The Robin's Nest Aqua Marine Glitter Sorbet Card stock (background sky)
The Robin's Nest Kiwi Glitter Sorbet Card Stock (vine)
The Robin's Nest Red Glitter Sorbet (Photo mat & flowers)
The Robin's Nest Shocking Pink Glitter Sorbet card stock (flowers)
The Robin's Nest Flame Dew Drops
Black Card stock
White Card Stock
gel-a-tins LOL Oversized Mix Stamp set
gel-a-tins Teal You What embossing powder
Versamark ink
Close to My Heart Artiste Cartridge
Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge
Cricut Ornamental Iron Cartridge
Cricut Craft Room Software

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful page of your grandmother. i love the colour of the background with the clouds behind the black fancy frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful page and tribute to your grandmother! Love how you made the "frame" and flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails