background

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Work the Stash Wednesday for Two Challenges


Yesterday I came across a challenge via the Cricut Message board that is being hosted by the Cricut Craft Room Blog. The challenge is to use the welding feature while working in the Cricut Craft Room software. I love the prize: a Sophie cartridge! So, I'm using this challenge to get ahead start on my February birthday cards and work my stash! I'm also going to enter this in the challenge at She's a Sassy Lady to make a birthday card.
I started with some scraps of red and white card stock. I used Graphically Speaking and welded the card shape at the top to make a shaped card. I also used the Hide Select Contour to hide the insides of the car to make the back of the card. I used Close to My Heart stamps for the sentiments and a Stampin' Up stamp for the background of the car grill. I added some buttons for my headlights and highlighted the cut with a glitter gel pen. For the tires, I used my Imagine and Audrey with the Graphically Speaking cartridge. I loved the look of the Audrey print for the distressed tires. I was able to print and cut this all at once because I used CCR! To print and cut these items, I put a piece of red card stock on the card side of my mat and a white piece on the tire side of the mat.

1 comment:

  1. What a great card. Love it, and you could enter it in the Weekly Challenge at She's A Sassy Lady... you could win a prize!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails