background

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Banner with The Robin's Nest








I love making banners for special occasions and holidays! For this Halloween, I pulled out The Robin's Nest Halloween papers and made a fun banner! The base banner piece is cut with The Robin's Nest Glitter Purple Bats Card stock. I cut the banner piece with my SCAL 2, but you can cut your own and trace it onto the paper. I have found that a digital cutter is so helpful, when you have to cut many items for a project such as a banner.







The next layer is a scalloped circle cut with Cricut Mini Monograms, in orange card stock. The rosettes are made with Tim Holtz's Rosette die in The Robin's Nest paper. I love this die and have found that the best way to glue this is with a low temp glue gun. Work from the back side with a plain circle punched in matching cardstock. Save the nice scalloped circle cut with the die for the top! You will find it difficult to center the first circle perfectly and get your folds in place. I also love the stability that having a circle on both sides adds. So, I add my die punched circle last.




On top of that I punched a white circle and inked the edges with purple ink to repeat the purple from the purple bats! I On top I punched a small scalloped circle in Lime Green The Robin's Nest Glittered Chipboard. I placed this circle a bit off center to look eyeballish and perfectly scary! The letters are from Paper Pizazz Typewriter alphabet. I liked the spooky quality of the letters. It is best to use a liquid glue on top of the glittered chipboard or card stock. Tape runners don't seem to hold items on top of glitter. Below is a picture of all of my layers on my banner from left to right they show the banner top to bottom.



You can display a two word banner as I did on a door in two layers, or across a mantle. Just insert a shape or motif in the middle to separate your words when you display this across a mantle. I would love to add a spiderweb to this one for displaying on my mantle. Hopefully, I can find the time to make one!









Supply list






The Robin's Nest Polka Dot paper


Orange Cardstock


White Card stock


Purple ink


Paper Pizazz Typewriter Alphabet


Ribbon


Cricut Mini Monograms


SCAL2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails